Sandwich Massage/ Four Hand Massage
Sandwich Massage or Four Hand Massage are same, this can be done with oil, with cream, with powder or without oil, in this massage two masseuse will rub their body against your body. In this massage masseuse will use the client’s body as a form of canvas onto which they choreograph slow, detailed moves of varying paces and pressures. There are a number of different styles of four-hand massage. Four-hand massage is generally more expensive than other forms of massage, since two therapists must be compensated for their time and skill.
When two therapists and four hands hit your body, your mind reacts differently. At first you might find yourself trying to keep track of the therapists, where each one is and what each one is doing, struggling to keep it all in a very logical order in your head. But very quickly your brain realizes it’s not sure who is doing what, and gives up control. This is a powerful treatment for anyone who has a hard time letting go during treatments.
Benefits of Sandwich Massage / Four Hand Massage
- The inclusion of two or more hands certainly adds to the positive effects of a massage. That being said, it also means that the brain is unable to follow the movements of both pair of hands. This is why massage therapists usually ask their patients to relax and “let go” during the massage session so that you allow your muscles to loosen up and relax.
- A four hands massage session will include slow and long sweeping movements that will be used to relax the body. These movements will be combined with more targeted movements that will break down the knots and tightness in the muscles which cause pain and inflammation.
- The intensity of massage movements used realigns muscles.
- Engages both hemispheres of the brain, encouraging more relaxation.
- Improves blood circulation so that more blood is sent to the muscles and tend